Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stupid fucking bar people.


Last Friday, I covered for Ikah at Bar Dynamite. Not my favorite place to dj, but hey... I'll take the money. But the reason I'm writing this blog now is because I got THE WORST request I've ever gotten before. Mind you, I've had my share of bad ones ("Do you have any Sublime?", "Could you play some Metallica?", "Play It's Your Birthday!", ad nauseam...), but I really think this one took the cake. A girl comes up to the dj booth and does the whole stare-at-the-dj-till-he-pays-attention-to-me thing. I'm in the middle of a mix, but that seems not to faze her. As soon as I was done I acknowledge her with a monotone "Hi" and an empty smile. I can't help it... I really don't like being bothered while I'm working. I just think it's rude. Anyway, she asks me, "Do you have any country-western?" FUCK NO, I DON'T HAVE ANY COUNTRY WESTERN. "No. Sorry." So she says, "Well, are you going to play The Electric Slide?" I could not even look at her at that point. I gave her a vigorous shake of the head and kept my eyes on my job. I don't know where this idiot came from or where she thought she was, but I was playing all rap and disco all night. Why the fuck would I have country or The Electric Slide? Oh my god. I was praying for death at that point. Do I look like a wedding dj? Are we at In Cahoots? NO, NO WE AREN'T. THIS IS NOT BURGER KING, BITCH. DIE BY THE SWORD. Ok, sorry. I'm done.

2 comments:

noodlesoflove.com said...

I was playing at the transfer last Friday and this jockbag playing pool comes up and asks me if I have any jimmy hendix.

no sorry.

Do you have any techno music? And I'm like actually I do, but I'm playing disco right now and I'll probably play the techno after the headliner.

and he starts: do you..

and I cut him off and I said

I don't really take requests, sorry.

stupid fucking fartface wooblehead buttmunch.

noodlesoflove.com said...

oh, and I'd like to add that he was "doggin" me for the rest of the night. As in mean looks in an obvious way. seriously. like i threatened his fucking manhood.