Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stupid asshole comment of the month.

Last night was The Booty Bassment in San Diego. Around 1:15 am I had just gotten through playing a set of bass, eighties, and Baltimore Club and decided to slow it up. So I play Let It Go by Keisha Cole because we all know that the ladies love it, and I like it too. This dildo comes up to the booth and makes sure that I see him. I am in the middle of picking out my next record and getting it ready to mix, so I'm putting off talking to this guy, mostly because I know he's going to say something stupid. Call it intuition. So after I get set, I address him. He says, "Do you think you could move away from this sound?" I said, "What?" He says it again. I say, "DO I THINK I COULD MOVE AWAY FROM THIS SOUND." "Yeah." So I says to dis fuckin guy, I says, "I am not a jukebox. I play what I want when I want." So he says, incredulously, "Do you want to play this?" I reply, "YES." So this goddamned waste of oxygen stomps off, grabs his girlfriend by the hand and pulls her off the dancefloor to the front door. Good riddance to bad trash.

Last night was weird. All kinds of wack people were there. These old washed up pervs showed up halfway through the night completely shitcanned and started taking pictures of all the girls and trying to breakdance. I immediately rushed out on the floor to put a halt to their shenanigans. There will be no middle aged crackers breaking up the dancefloor with their feeble attempts at emulating "urban culture". Not on my watch. These idiots were crashing into people and slathering the unwilling with sweat in a futile effort at dancefloor acrobatics. At the end of the night I made an announcement, "Just for future reference, there will be no breakdancing allowed at The Booty Bassment." Some people starting booing and staring at me in disbelief. It was great. Ikah got on the microphone and elaborated saying, "Last time I checked, dancing was a couple's activity. Man and woman, woman and woman... It's not something to do AT somebody." Oh, it was rich, I tell you. A bit of character cleansing never hurt anybody, did it?

No comments: