Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This week in thought.

I live in San Diego. Perhaps you have heard of it? The place with all the fire. I won't cry about it, because I haven't been evacuated from my house, and none of my family or close friends have either. I do feel very badly for all the people who have been effected by this terrible event, but at this time I merely want to recount a couple of observations I have made in the last week.

First off, I have noticed a lot more birds of prey in the air as of late. On my drive to work yesterday, I saw three very large hawks or some such bird hunting along side the 5 freeway. Maybe it can be attributed to the land that was burned. I guess the animals need to go somewhere, but I just never see large birds like that in the beach areas. Speaking of which, I have been seeing flocks of crows all over San Diego, which I never remember there being until this last year. Very odd.

Secondly, the asshole drivers seem to be driving with even more disregard to courtesy and general traffic laws than ever. Is this a result of the fires? Has the smoke damaged the part of their brains which allow quick decision making? I don't know and I don't like it. I really want to know why it is soooooo difficult for people to use the goddamned blinker before changing lanes or making a turn. Does it really take that much energy for these people? Maybe they should eat some Wheaties before they hit the road. V8? Whatever.

With that being said, I would like to let you know that we will be accepting donations for victims of the fire at The Worst Music Ever on 10/25/07 at The Zombie Lounge and at Booty Bassment on 10/27/07 at The Whistle Stop Bar. Non perishable food items, water, clean bedding and clothing, toiletries, baby supplies, toys, etc. as well as money that will go to The American Red Cross. Come out, have a good time, and give freely. Thank you.

No comments: