Monday, September 15, 2008

And the award for the Worst Movie Ever goes to...

So, we all know that Johnny Knoxville is an idiot, but last night I watched a movie that really set him as the linchpin in the world of idiocy: The Ringer. If you haven't seen this movie, you absolutely must. It sucks so many sweaty llama balls that it makes I Am Sam look like Shakespeare.

The basic premise is that Knoxville is forced by unfortunate circumstance to enter into the Special Olympics (even though he is not technically "special") with the express purpose of dethroning the reigning champion decathlete, simultaneously winning his broke and gambling addicted uncle a large bet and earning enough cash to have the three fingers his gardener inconveniently lost in a lawn mower accident sewn back on. Yeah, it's stupid and offensive; always a good combo. As you who know me may well attest, I am not necessarily opposed to offending folks, but this one takes it there.

I must say though that for me, it's actually Knoxville's performance that causes the big stench. I know you're saying, "No big surprises there," but really, the sheer ineptitude of his "Jeffy" character is remarkable, as late as this review may be. Constantly referring to himself in third person is enough to drive anyone up a wall ("Jeffy likes you."), but to see him dancing around with a stunned-mullet grin at a Kids Of Widney High concert just takes the cake. It must be seen to be believed, so below is a montage of clips from the movie.



And here is the music video "Pretty Girls" by The Kids Of Widney High. A certified platinum hit, sure to get some play at this Thursday's Worst Music Ever.



I just had an epiphany- I think that this Thursday (September 18) at the Worst Music Ever at The Knockout in San Francisco we will start the night with a showing of the Worst Movie Ever, The Ringer. Yes, I think that sounds great. We shall start the movie at approximately 9 pm. Thank you.

No comments: