Monday, February 11, 2008

From The Archives #2

Here is a lil' ol' blog I wrote on muhspace on September 1, 2005. It describes a lil' ol' dream I had one lil' ol' night...

I dreamt that I was at some sort of outdoor concert. Many bands were slated to perform, but I only remember two: Coldplay (please do not ask me why), and the one and only Ol' Dirty Bastard, even though he dead and stuff.

I was seated on the side of the stage at a table by myself when ODB made his entrance. He didn't quite look like himself, but I knew it was him nonetheless. He played an amazing dj set(?), and for his finale, he put on an instrumental version of the Christina Aguilera hit, Beautiful (you know... that one you hear in Walmart or whatever) and began to sing the words in Spanish with a voice that was nothing less than angelic. I'm not sure whether he was singing the right lyrics to the song or not because I couldn't understand them, but I began to weep profusely at that point. I laid my head down on the table and cried like a baby, rather shamefully, until he was finished and exited the stage.

Ikah approached me and offered me a plate of banana bread, which I accepted. I tried to explain to him what had just happened, but couldn't. I woke up.


Here are a couple of my favorite video clips from our dear Dirty McGirty.


Fucking FADED.


Dirt Dog is so goddamned high in this one. Poor lil' bugger.


This one and the next three are a four part documentary on the Big Baby Jesus.








Brooklyn Zoo is the video that really made me fall in love.
He was so good. Thanks for singing to me, Dirty.

No comments: