Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recharging the malice.

This weekend "powned." If you don't know "wtf" that means, well "zomg," take your sorry arse over to Urban Dictionary and get learned. The Bassment also "r00led." I can't wait to see the footage that Megan, Ashley, and Felipe got that night. The video short should be done in about a month. By the way, I had a great time driving up and hanging out with those three sweet knuckleheads.

The real story though, is about Sunday night. The Worst Music Ever was nothing short of epic. 50 Sant came up from San Diego to help Ryan and me bring the pain on you hoes, and did he ever. Some seriously legendary mixes occurred that night, the most notable was committed by Ryan. 50 played Waka Laka (peep the video below, if you dare), much to everyone's chagrin. Ryan steps up the turntable speed to 45... then he starts fast forwarding the record faster and faster and faster until the song was a sickening blur of Eurotechno madness... Dan and I are completely doubled over in laughing fits... at which time Ryan drops Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. Jesus Christ on a goddamned crutch. The crowd was in a frenzy, I was on the floor, Dan's face was nowhere to be found, and Ryan peed a little in his pants.

I love this night more than any other night I dj at. It is all about PAIN. We were heckling the shit out of the crowd the entire night (Dan dropped Margaritaville and I just yelled "FUCK YOU" on the mic as I mixed in Supermodel by Rupaul), hyping the pit ("Cut the shit; start the pit!" during a Smashmouth song), we played the theme music to 2 Girls 1 Cup and actually got two random girls to reenact it on stage, and ended the night with a group sing-along to Bryan Adams' (Everything I Do) I Do It For You.

I have always been a bit of a sadist, but this event really brings out the worst in me. In a good way. I think. Either way, I feel as though my life now has meaning. Yes, my children, my mission in life is to destroy dancefloors by dropping With Arms Wide Open by Creed, to puncture people's eardrums with excessive airhorn blasts and shotgun sound effects, and to ruin the night of every human being that steps foot into the bar. Thank you.



Oh, and BBSD is this Saturday (2/23) and The Worst Music Ever San Diego is not this Thursday, but the following (2/28). Be there or die by the sword.