Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Boiled down to its very essence, metal is nothing more than a mixture of molasses and alienation."

These words, so aptly penned, belong to a young lady known only as "Megan" who writes one of the coolest blogs I have come across recently (thanks to Wase for the heads up). It is called The Black Oven, and it is a blog about baking sweets... from a black metal perspective. I don't want to ruin all the great surprises found on this blog, so just go there and look for yourself.

I am feeling so generous after reading this blog, that I have decided to share a couple rips from my personal collection with you. These are two rare and out of print records I bought off of Ebay (for entirely too much) by one of my favorite black metal bands (actually, a one man band) called Furze.

These are two super raw and weird pieces of black metal psychosis. Dude is straight fucking crazy. Read the liner notes on the 10" for proof.

I will be posting a couple Furze LPs soon, too, which are more produced and probably a little easier on the casual listener. Maybe. But what do I know.


Furze - Furze 10"





Furze - First Feast For Freedom 7"

No comments: